Mandiou is an inspirational family name encountered in a vast area of West Africa including The Gambia, Mali, Senegal, Guinea Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, and Sierra Leon. The name Mandiou reminds people of the glorious era of the Manding empire under the leadership of diligent leaders namely Samori Touray, Sumanguru Kanteh, and Kankan Moussa.
Who We Are
- Provide relevant medical literature to healthcare professionals: we endeavor to procure 1000 copies of the book entitled “Clinical Work and General Management of Standard Minimal Resource Facility”. These books will be dispensed to healthcare workers in The Gambia at no cost.
- Facilitate and coordinate the treatment of cardiac patients abroad
- Improve medical imaging by providing a modern digital X-ray facility at Bijilo Medical Centre, in the Gambia.
- Establish an echocardiography laboratory at Bijilo Medical Centre by providing a standard echography machine as well as training a Gambian physician to perform echocardiography examinations
- Provide hematology, biochemistry, and microbiology laboratory equipment for the clinical diagnostic laboratory of Bijilo Medical Centre.
- Facilitate training of health professionals through different means including organizing in-house seminars in several hospitals in The Gambia as well as promoting an exchange of healthcare professionals between the Gambia and Switzerland.
- Facilitate continuous training for healthcare and agricultural professionals
- Bring books and other reading material to the rural population in Sierra Leone: a rural mobile library.
- Establish professional exchange programs between Kankanba Farm and several Institutions of agriculture in Switzerland, France, and Germany
- Support farmer’s quest to bring their produce to the market: Kankanba farmer’s mobile market
- Provide training for beekeepers
- Provide fruit tree seedlings to communities for free.